Otha Campaign Session Detail 3.5 Rules Online
Internal Links:
External Links: Paizo Campaign Archive: Sons Of The Vast


Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Recent Chronology - 17 Kythorn (evening)


Here is some recent chronology from 17 Kythorn (evening):





Slyl Is Dead - Should He Stay That Way?

The company was divided. Pavel's speed was no match for Leaf and Mauros who double-backed to reunite with Sorgen, Claudia, Animosus and Mauros.

Slyl was running alone through the quickswamp, nearly planting himself permanently in some dangerous areas. He appeared to the others with blood on himself, and without Kelestri. A quick read of his expression gave notice of fear - for a demontroll had already drawn blood from him, and was hungry for more.

The company retreated in the direction where Kelestri thought she was alone. She set her sword into the ground, and heard a voice beconing her to, "remove the rest" of her armor and clothing. A barenaked Kelestri walked to a mossy glen whereupon she was received warmly by a beautiful, stunningly nude woman. Kelestri accepted her gift, only part of which were passionate, life-altering caresses.
As soon as the party reached Kelestri, now in solitude and wearing full armor, Slyl scouted the area and was beset upon by a demontroll. The Mur Zhagul reached into him, and rended his body apart, whereupon Slyl fell dead. Mauros and some others destroyed the beast, and Claudia began to cast a difficult spell of the divine art, praying to Kelemvor to return Slyl to the group.

Kelestri stalled magnificently with words, attempting to confound Animosus long enough for Claudia to complete the spell. Near the end of the spell, Animosus shouted, "this will buy us some time to discuss whether Slyl should be brought back," and disrupted Claudia's painful spell with a shove. Helping her to her feet, Animosus could not help but notice the distain some party members had for this disruption. He explained to them his perspective, and the trouble Slyl has been to them, in a way that was righteous of a paladin.

A heated debate ensued as to whether Slyl should be raised from the dead? Can he be trused? Did this happen for a reason? Didn't Slyl promise to never to raise a sword against a party member again? Could the party succeed without Slyl, that is, by his actions did Animosus just endanger the entire company? Animosus thought about this, wondering if a recent prayer to the Triad asking for resolution regarding Slyl had actually manifested in his demise? Animosus, haunted by these and other burdensome questions, resigned to waiting for Pavel's input as soon as he can be located. Slyl's body was wrapped and provided a gentle repose until the decision could be made.

Leaf inspected the sword Kelestri called Firebrand. It was too hot to the touch for him to hold, but unbeknownst to Kelestri, Leaf gleaned a number of its properties though bardic knowledge and his ability to use magical devices.

A few paces from the place of Slyl's passing lay a recent encampment area wherein grave matters were revealed. Animosus, stumbling upon a small altar to Myrkul realized that followers of the dead god still walk Toril. He guessed that perhaps the High Imperceptor had never been a Baneite after all?
... when she could be sure the triadic knight was fast asleep, she crept over to Mauros who watched over the body of Garrotte, protecting it from the unhallowed magic he suspected would soon come for the body. With two glances - one at Slyl's corpse and one at Mauros, she hoped to convey her intentions. The midnight hour was close at hand, and her prayers tonight would ask Kelemvor for her most powerful divine spell again. The spell that makes her cry - the one that brings a soul back from the Final Road.
* * *
Our story continues during second watch. Everyone is needed June 11th - see you all on Monday for the exciting conclusion to Module VI: Rising Doom

7 Comments:

Blogger Animosus Constans said...

I am glad Tothlorian is watching out for me this night. I can tell that the company is unconcerned about my opinions and they would prefer a treacherous fiend to my true and unwavering support. Mauros spoke of endangering the party as if we could not endure without the treacherous one. Perhaps he will bring forth doom if Sliyl is chosen over me. It looks as though the company will loose a member either way soon.

6:46 AM, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Animosus Constans said...

After some more thought I realize I must do the greatest good. This means I must endure the torture of anything the party throws at me as long as I am ultimately doing the most to spread all things good. So I have left myself painted into a Philosophical corner.

Yet the real menace posed by Slyl to the success and general survival of the group could easily prevent the greater good from happening. Even in death Slyl is my tormentor. If the tables were turned and I was dead I would be resurrected, probably ?, and face the same torment again and again. I cannot think of a greater hell for a Paladin. What’s worse than this is in the end I am made to feel as though Slyl is more desirable than I to the party. This is the saddest moment I my existence.

The conviction of the soul is far more valuable than the force of the body. The forces with the greatest number does not always win the battle, but the forces with the greatest will even with insurmountable odd can.

4:52 PM, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Animosus Constans said...

In the history of the vast there are countless tails that illustrate my point. Just ask Leaf. When the Witch-King attacked my family’s home he was defeated. Not by a larger force but by a more determined force. When CTS fought the Stag-Litch it was their determination that won the day. The problem is while we spend so much time debating the forces of evil are getting stronger each day. If the crown and scepter are retrieved it may very well be more because we wasted time and took on distractions just like Slyl instead of keeping to our beliefs. I have said my peace on this matter and my vote stands. The company should vote and carefully consider Pavel’s feelings too. After all he was Slyl’s latest and hopefully last victim.

4:51 PM, June 09, 2007  
Blogger Slyl said...

"So Lady Luck.... any bets on how long that coin over there", points at a coin with his face on one side and his grave on the other thats spinning on the table "id put a nice sum of money that its gunna spin for a bit then its gunna stop...im not sure how long..but id say no longer then..2 more tendays left. Though im not sure if it will fall earlier then that, i know i messed up but not everyone gets a second chance.. not everyone deserves a second chance... maybe you've been with me all the time and i just thought you where someone else... oh well... tell me Lady Luck, what happens when my life is no longer in the balance and im no longer willing to "throw down a bet"... im just wondering..where do i go.....oh well i dont wanna throw in the towel and i figure my friends will do what they can to bring me back, im sure they will give me a second chance to prove that im not an evil man"

Noone knows this as a character..im posting this cuz i think everyone as a player should know that slyl may think that his friends will bring him back he would understand if his luck ran out...

12:14 AM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger Animosus Constans said...

Everyone deserves a second chance. Too bad your second chance has passed by (perhaps several chances ago).

8:40 AM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger Kelestri said...

Renegade Lyrics- Artist: Styx

Oh mamma I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Lawman has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home
Oh mamma I can hear you a-crying you're so scared and all alone
Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very
long

The jig is up the news is out they've finally found me
The renegade who had it made retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
This will be the end today of the wanted man

Oh mamma I've been years on the lam
And had a high price on my head
Lawman said get him dead or alive
Now it's for sure he'll see me dead
Dear mamma I can hear you crying
You're so scared and all alone
Hangman is coming down from the gallows
And I don't have very long

The jig is up, the news is out
They finally found me
The renegade who had it made
Retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
The judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man

[Face Melting Guitar Solo]

Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Hangman is coming down from the gallows And I don't have very long

The jig is up, the news is out
They finally found me
The renegade who had it made
Retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
This'll be the end today
Of the wanted man

11:25 AM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger The Dungeon Master said...

"My dear devotee," she continues, "I welcome you to this gamehall where, for a time, you will enjoy many aspects of the elegance, beauty, and fortune of luck." I have been with you for a long time, Vasht. It satisfies me that you are here."

1:52 AM, June 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home