Otha Campaign Session Detail 3.5 Rules Online
Internal Links:
External Links: Paizo Campaign Archive: Sons Of The Vast


Saturday, September 15, 2007

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS v.4.0


Over the past year and a half, our group has collectively developed a better understanding of (and used) most of the 3.5 edition rules. In fact, some of our players first purchased a 3.5 book during book I of our Sons Of The Vast campaign. I remember the day that we all realized we were finally all playing the same edition of the game (Kelestri, you can just cover your ears now). So I'd like your initial thoughts on 4th Edition (Please post your comments below).
For those who may not know, the arrival of 4th Edition was recently announced at Gen Con. Since that day I've been following the details and news about D&D most recent incarnation. There has been a big hullabalo, and I have even posted some angry views on-line, but now that I am calm I'd like to share the following summary of the changes announced so far. The following blog article summarizes the best collection of (very articulately) the little pieces of news that have been coming out of WOTC's R&D department over the past month:
You are likely to have a 'gut reaction' but try to read the article, or listen to the most recent podcast (#15 I believe) about 4th Edition at WOTC's Web site.
INFORMED THOUGHTS? (PLEASE POST COMMENT BELOW)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Guru said...

No thanks for me. I do not need some "improved" system to run a good game. I for one am pretty much done with WOTC and their moneymaking scemes. I will go no further than 3.5, I almost want to go back to the old THACO days. So much simpler, such quicker combat. Oh, maybe we just used the rules we needed and not everything that was publshed.
Count me out on this one.

11:57 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Slyl said...

Eh...im going to just play 3.5...if people want to show me how vs4 is well then i guess ill try that

ive seen MAJOR munchinism in 3.5 but the thing is...if 3.5 didnt happen a lot of extra material would of made it even worse.. Book of vile and exaulted deeds are evil over all...some of the abilities are just WRONG

Oh well hopefully ill..uh talk to you guys

7:44 PM, September 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home